Tuesday 7 May 2013

Articles What If? A Torchwood - X Files Crossover By Steve Taylor-Bryant



A Torchwood/X Files Crossover
By Steve Taylor-Bryant 



Taking a look at what should have been, could be or simply would make an interesting idea. There are so many possibilities...What If?

A while ago I had one of those chats online. It was just after Torchwood: Miracle Day had finished, and I was waxing lyrical about how I thought it had been the best Torchwood we had received, a view not shared by everyone. I received a bit of backlash for my opinion and one of those comments that really struck me was "It was a bit X-Files". Now it doesn't take me a lot to get over excited, and my brain started picturing an X-Files meets Torchwood idea. Something happened and I never progressed with the writing of scripts I was going to do and maybe it was just me being a geeky fan.

That said the idea does have merit. We all like how Russell T. Davies writes and we all (if were old enough) remember how awesome we found the X-Files don't we? So a project involving both would surely be great. Chris Carter and RTD locked in a writers room with no food until it’s written, what could possibly be wrong with that?

Working within the parameters Of classic X-Files and the casting of Torchwood: Miracle Day, we base it in Washington D.C. Rex Matheson, Captain Jack, Gwen Cooper and poor old Rhys, chasing a race of Aliens that are the actual Skull and Bones secret society, trying to control the planet through political power. They cant infiltrate all on there own and need help so Rex calls his old F.B.I. buddy Fox Mulder and explains he has the biggest X-File ever. Enter Scully to the team and we are all set for at least 7 episodes.

The thought of heavyweight writers like Chris Carter and Russell T Davies taking joint control on a proper New World Order/Alien conspiracy is mouth-watering.

Now I am not computer literate enough to design a petition site but someone must be, a law must be made to bring these two giant writers of Sci-Fi together, for the good of all mankind.


What do you think? 

1 comment:

  1. Some great ideas there Steve, though I may have to pass on Rex! lol Never liked him! Though I did enjoy MD!

    But yes...maybe just this once, for a great story, I'd put up with Rex! lol Just don't make him immortal! lol

    ReplyDelete